12.28.2012

UtopYA 2013 Reading Challenge

Welcome!
I'm sure many of you have heard of the UtopYA Conference and if you haven't you should definitely check it out HERE!!! I went last year and had a blast.  I'm going again this year and before June I wanted to read as many books by the authors that would be there as possible.  
I thought what more fun of a way to read these books than to do it together, so I came up with this reading challenge!  I really hope you do this with me so we can get to know each other and read these books by the wonderful authors!  *note: you do not have to be attending UtopYA con to be a part of the reading challenge*
*this is an unofficial challenge and not affiliated with UtopYA
The challenge is to reach your set goal.  There are 6 different levels to choose from.
Levels
5- Gnome
10- Fairy
15- Mermaid
20- Werewolf
25- Vampire
30- Angel

Challenge Rules
1. The books must be written by an author that is a panelist, exhibitor or attendee of UtopYA Con 2013.
2. The challenge will start on January 1, 2013 and end December 31, 2013 but you may join at anytime.
3. You don't have to have a blog to participate.  Just join in on the fun somehow! P.S. that means authors please participate too! We would love to have you.
4. The books can be in any format (ebooks, paperback, scroll, etc.)
5. To join the challenge
if your a blogger, make a blogpost with the challenge button and tell us what level you've picked and link your post to the linky.
everyone else, tweet/facebook/pin/etc. what level you picked with a link to this post and link the direct link to the linky.

Prizes (prizes are to be determined but they will be awesome)
1. The person that reads the most books by UtopYA authors (books read before the Con will count x2, so if you read 15 books before the Con it will count as a score of 30)
2. Everyone that reaches their goal will be entered to win a prize
3. there will be UtopYA challenges throughout the year so be looking out for those!

UtopYA Authors
If you're a panelist, exhibitor, or attendee of the 2013 UtopYA Con and you're an author, I would love to do a promotion with the reading challenge!  Please fill out this google doc if you're interested!

You can find the list of UtopYA author books on this Goodreads shelf
*this list is subject to change due to additions to panelists and attendees*

Grab the Button for your sidebar!

Sign-Up and join the fun!
if you have any questions/comments, please don't hesitate to ask.  This is my first time doing something like this and I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something!

28 comments:

  1. This is great! It would be awesome if I can go to UtopYA con. I can't, though :( Anyway, I just signed-up but I have a question; are crossovers from other challenges allowed? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you decided to participate, Haraiah! Crossovers are for sure allowed!

      Delete
  2. Tweeted!

    This is going to be great, thanks for the invite!

    Cheers!
    Teal

    Oh! And I need to reach Angel status . . . mainly because I write about them. ;}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tweeting and I'm glad you're joining in! What a great reason to pick that level!

      Delete
  3. I had no idea this conference was happening. I better get on top of this so I can get a chance to participate. Wouldn't want to miss out. Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fantastic conference! If you have a chance to go, you definitely should!

      Delete
  4. How will you know who read what and keep up with it? Just curious? Is there going to be a group on goodreads to join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of using the honor system and monthly updates but I really like the goodreads group idea! I will look into that!

      Delete
  5. Dizone but im on my phone so i'll read all thr fine print later lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. FINALLY got my link up! Here goes nothing. I'm going all out to be an Angel! And I love to goodreads ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So going for angel sratus!!!! Thanks great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the email! I briefly skimmed this when you first posted but forgot to check it out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im going to utopYA.. yay! Im gonna say mermaid status but try for Angel.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll try for Angel status but probably only meet gnome. :D Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going for Fairy! A cute, sparkly one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is going to be sooo much fun! I'm shooting for Angel status, we'll see how that goes! ;) I CANNOT wait for UTopYA!!!! Awesome idea, Tess!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going for Vampire Status....just because! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going for Angel status! Good luck everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the goodreads idea also:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read as many authors as possible before the Con. I can't wait! :

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm starting at Fairy. Then maybe I'll move up. I'm participating in a bunch of challenges this year!

    This one should be fun, though. :)

    Told you I'd sign up, Tess!!!!

    ♥Jessica(:
    Just a Booklover

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous idea!! Can't wait til June!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will be at UtopYA con and I'm already in love with some of my fellow authors going!! I would love to read a variety so I'm thrilled to participate in this challenge!! I went for werewolf because well they are my favorite, but will probably achieve angel status since I read as much as I write:)
    Cheers
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed my mind, angel status all the way!!! I will for sure surpass it :)

      Delete
  20. Going for the Angel status as well! This will be my first UtopYA Con. I am an author, but I'm going just as a guest. :) I can't wait to go and meet everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nevermind. I'm not going to UTOPYA because it's already sold out. :( but I'll do the challenge anyway. There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nevermind. I'm not going to UTOPYA because it's already sold out. :( but I'll do the challenge anyway. There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm initially signing up for gnome level, but hopefully I'll surpass it!

    http://solaceinaworld.livejournal.com/5055.html

    ReplyDelete