1.22.2012

Review: Angel Evolution

Angel Evolution 
by David Estes
Summary (goodreads)
Angel Evolution- the first book in the young adult fantasy trilogy: The Evolution Trilogy... When Taylor meets Gabriel at college, she is in awe of the subtle glow that surrounds him. No one else, not even her best friend, seems to notice. Something about him scares her. Is all as it appears? While Taylor struggles for answers, she finds herself in the middle of a century old war centered on one miraculous revelation: evolution.


Review
I get a little nervous when I get books from authors for review.  Sometimes they aren't that great.  Boy was I pleasantly surprised with this one! I didn't just like it...I Loved it, and I can't wait until I get to read the sequel.   


Why I loved it you ask?
I was pretty much hooked after the first chapter.  The writing flowed throughout the book.  The characters were described in such a hilarious way it really grabbed my attention from the beginning.  Oh and then Gabriel showed up and uh yah HOT.  The great thing about the first part of the book is that I couldn't figure out if I was suppose to trust Gabriel or if he really was deceiving me *ahem* oh I meant if he really was deceiving Taylor.  Does Gabriel really have feelings for Taylor or is he just using her to get ahead?  Are the demons or the angels the bad guys?  This book had me wondering the whole time.  I didn't guess the next move before the author revealed the truth, which was very refreshing and kept me reading.  This book was definitely a different take on angel vs. demons, and the world that Estes created had me entranced.


5 stars 


Buy It



2 comments:

  1. Oooooo this sounds good ima have to get this later lol great review tess

    ReplyDelete