2.29.2012

Review: Cycles

Cycles
by Lois D. Brown
My Rating: 5 Stars
Summary (Goodreads)
She remembers things that never happened.
She's a stranger in her own home.
She always knew she was different.
She just didn't know why.
Until now.

Renee Beaumont is about to die . . . again.

My Review
One word to describe this book-Beautiful.  Beautiful writing, beautiful plot, and beautiful characters!  Cycles is very different from my normal read.  It has that Sci Fi type of aspect to it, but it is very much a mystery read.  The writing in this book is exquisite!  It made me immersed in the world Brown created, and her writing captivated me.  I really felt I was right there along with Sam and Renee trying to figure out the mysteries of Renee's past!   Throughout the book there are these journal entries written by a woman named Helen and the whole time I was trying to figure out how that related to Renee.  I loved how it wasn't until very close to the end that I found out what was really going on.  Brown always gave me enough information to keep me interested but not enough to where I got bored because I had figured it out!  She also created wonderfully complex characters in Renee and Sam.  They were the social outcastes, but they had each other which was enough.  There might be a hint of romance in there too.  Overall I really loved this book, and I will definitely be looking out for Spaces, the sequel to Cycles!

Find Lois D. Brown
Buy Cycles (2.99)

1 comment:

  1. Great review. This sounds like a really good book. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete